Popular Travel operates guaranteed departure guided city tours. Istanbul guided private tours,bosphorus tour,cappadocia balloon tour,istanbul tour packages
Daily Full Day Tour, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Free Lunch, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Eirene Church, Gulhane Park. Museum fees are included
Pick up from the hotel and join the group. We begin our tour with a visit to Hagia Sophia, which is considered one of the Eight Wonders of the World, occupies a unique place in the history of architectures one of the rare works of this size and age that still survives.
Our next visit will be The Blue Mosque, which takes its name from the world famous exquisite blue Iznik tiles decorating its interior. Also it is the only imperial mosque in the world that was originally built with six minarets.
We continue to the Hippodrome Square, the sporting and social center of old Byzantium, held 100,000 spectators and featured objects from all corners of the empire such as the Egyptian Obelisk, and the Serpent Column.
Next, we visit Grand Bazaar, the largest and oldest covered bazaar in the world. It was the center of trade and commerce in Istanbul with more than 4000 shops. After Grand Bazaar we will have Lunch
Lunch : Homemade Olive Oil Marinated Seasonal Vegetables, Traditional Fried Pastry Roll with Cheese "Sigara Beurreck" , Seasonal Garden Greens Salad, Traditional Grilled Meatballs "Kofte" served with rice and boiled Seasonal Vegetables, Seasonal Fresh Fruit Platter
After Lunch we visit the Topkapi Palace, the residence of early and mid-era Ottoman Sultans. It was principal residence of the Ottoman Sultans and the center of administration of the Ottoman Empire from 15th to 19th century. During our visit we will see the fabulous Imperial Treasury, the Baghdad Kiosk, Holy Relics and the Kitchen Section including one of the world’s finest collections of Chinese celadon ceramics. The Harem is also located inside the palace which was forbidden to anyone except the Sultan.
Our next stop, Hagia Eirene, the Church of the Holy Peace, is one of the few churches in Istanbul that was never converted into a mosque, as it was used as an arsenal until the 19th century. Hagia Eirene reputedly stands on the site of a pre-Christian temple and has the distinction of being the first church built in Byzantium as it was converted into the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire.
Our final visit will be Gülhane Park, once a part of the outer gardens of Topkapı Palace, where the Edict of Gülhane, a declaration of rights and liberties that played an essential role in the modernization of the Ottoman Empire. After the proclaimation of the Republic, Gülhane Park was for many years home to the Istanbul Zoo. Drive back to the hotel at the end of the tour.
* Blue Mosque is closed on Friday Mornings.
* This Tour is not operated on Tuesdays when Topkapi Palace closed
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
• Hagia Sophia
• Blue Mosque
• Hippodrome Square
• Grand Bazaar
• Topkapi Palace
• Holy Relics
• Hagia Eirene Church
• Gulhane Park
• Museum entrance fees mentioned on the itinerary
• Professional Guidance
• Free pick up and drop off service from your hotel
• Transportation with A/C vehicles
• Donations to the Mosques
• TURSAB insurance, which covers the costs of services accepted and committed by the travel agency
• Drinks at lunch
• Optional Gratuities
• We kindly ask you to be ready in the lobby of your hotel 5 minutes before your definite pick up time.
• Blue Mosque is visited from outside on Friday mornings until 13:00 because of noon-pray
• On Sundays we visit Nuruosmaniye Street around Grand Bazaar since Grand Bazaar is closed
• Since Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays, this tour can not be operated
• We do not recommend this tour for the persons having walking difficulty
• No advance payment
• You can do the payment during the tour with credit card or cash
• Accepted credit cards