Popular Travel operates guaranteed departure guided city tours. Istanbul guided private tours,bosphorus tour,cappadocia balloon tour,istanbul tour packages
Explore the Asian Side, visit Camlica Hill, Grand Camlica Mosque, Cengelkoy, Kucuksu Palace, Goksu River, Anadolu Fortress, Kanlıca, Hidiv Palace
Pick up from the hotel and join the group. We will drive across the Bosphorus Bridge, which was firstly built to link the Asian and European Continents. Than we proceed to Camlica Hill, the highest point of Istanbul, for a breathtaking panoramic view of the Bosphorus, Prince’ Islands and Istanbul. Next, we will visit Grand Camlica Mosque, the newest and biggest mosque of Istanbul, which is completed in March 2019.
Our next visit will be Çengelköy district. Here, we will visit the 800 years old Monumental Plane Tree. Only a few of the plane trees traditionally planted by the Ottoman Empire in newly conquered locations survived to this day. Enjoy the view under the shade of the tree, overlooking to Bosphorus.
On our next stop, you will get a treat of Homemade Chocolate. Next, we will visit Kucuksu Palace*, a summer and hunting palace of the Ottoman Sultans in late Ottoman Period. In the first years of the Republic, the palace was used as a state guesthouse. Since a thorough restoration in 1944, the palace has been open to the public as a museum. This pavilion is also very popular in both Hollywood and Bollywood; it appeared in the James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough" as well as Bollywood movie “Ek Tha Tiger”.
We will continue driving along the shore of the Bosphorus for our next visit which will be Goksu River. Next, we will visit Anadolu Hisarı, a medieval fortress constructed between 1393-1394 by the commission of Ottoman Sultan Beyazıd I, to help his effort to siege Constantinople. The fortress is located at the narrow most point of the Bosporus.
Our next stop will be Kanlıca District, which is famous among the locals for its sweet yoghurt topped with caster sugar. During our tour, we will make a stop in a nice café overlooking the Bosphorus to taste this delicious sweet yoghurt and find out why the locals like it this much. During the Ottoman era, Kanlıca has been an upscale locality, where noble and wealthy people constructed waterfront mansions. Nowadays, it is one of the rare seaside places on the Asian side of the Bosphorus with the most historic wooden waterfront mansions.
Our last visit will be The Khedive's Palace, or as the locals call it Hidiv Kasrı, which was a former residence of Khedive Abbas II of Egypt and Sudan. The palace, completed in 1907, was designed in the Art Nouveau style, mainly inspired by Italian villas of the Renaissance era, incorporating characteristics and details of neo-classical Ottoman architecture.
During this tour, you will get to taste treats of several delicious Turkish food and beverages. These include Simit ‘Turkish Bagel’, Stuffed Mussels, Homemade Chocolate, Sweet Yoghurt topped with Caster Sugar, Turkish Tea / Turkish Coffee.
* On Sundays when Kucuksu Palace is closed, the palace is visited as seeightseeing.
(This tour is available with minimum 2 participants)
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
• Camlica Hill
• Grand Camlica Mosque
• Cengelkoy District & Old Plane Tree
• Kucuksu Hunting Palace
• Goksu River
• Anadolu Fortress
• Kanlıca District
• The Khedive's Palace (Hidiv Palace)
• Turkish Food & Beverage treats: Simit ‘Turkish Bagel’, Stuffed Mussels, Homemade Chocolate, Sweet Yoghurt topped with Caster Sugar, Turkish Tea / Turkish Coffee.
• Entrance fees mentioned on the itinerary
• Professional Guidance
• Free pick up and drop off service from your hotel
• Food Tasting
• Traditional Turkish Tea / Turkish Coffee Treat
• Transportation with A/C vehicles
• TURSAB insurance, which covers the costs of services accepted and committed by the travel agency
• Drinks at lunch
• Optional Gratuities
• We kindly ask you to be ready in the lobby of your hotel 5 minutes before your definite pick up time.
• This tour is available with minimum 2 participants
• On Sundays when Kucuksu Palace is closed, the palace is visited as seeightseeing.
• We do not recommend this tour for the persons having walking difficulty.
• No advance payment
• You can do the payment during the tour cash to your Guide